Thursday, December 24, 2015

A nice and original image of Jesus and Mary in Quran

A nice and original image of Jesus and Mary in Quran
I read firmly think and regularly everyday two pages of Quran for the duration, during all my life. These days (Christmas days of 2015) surprisingly became simultaneous with reading Surat of Maryam(Mary).
Then I decided to write and publish this matter based on rewriting verses from 16 to 35 of Mary chapter for my Christian friends and congratulate them this event to know how The Almighty God describes Jesus and Mary (Almighty’s peace and blessings upon them) to us.
God bless us. Ahmad Shamazadeh 

Some verses from Surat Maryam(Mary):
And mention about Mary, when she withdrew from her family to an easterly place.(16) Thus did she seclude herself from them, whereupon we sent to her Our Spirit, and he became incarnate for her as a well-proportioned human.(17) She said: “I seek refuge God (All beneficent) from you, should you be God wary”(18). He said: “I’m only a messenger of your Lord that I may give you a pure son” (19). She said: “how shall I have a child, seeing that no human being has ever touched me, nor have I been unchaste? (20) He said: “So shall it be. Your Lord says: “it is simple for me. And so that we may make him a sign for mankind and a mercy from Us and it is a matter (already) decided”. (21) Thus she conceived him, then withdrew with him to a distant place. (22) The birth pangs brought her to the trunk of a date palm. She said: “I wish I had died before this and become a forgotten thing, beyond recall. (23)” Thereupon he called her from below her (saying): Don’t grieve! Your Lord has made a spring to flow at your feet. (24) Shake the trunk of the date palm toward yourself, freshly picked dates will drop upon you. (25) Eat, drink and be comforted. Then if you see any human, say: “indeed I have vowed a fast to God (All beneficent) so I will not speak to any human today” (26) Then carrying him, she brought him to her people. They said: “O Mary! You have certainly come up with an odd thing!? (27) O sister of Aaron your father was not an evil man, nor was your mother unchaste”. (28) Thereat she pointed to him. They said: “how can we speak to one who is yet a baby in the cradle!? (29) He said: “indeed I am a servant of God. He has given me a Book and made me a prophet. (30) He has made me blessed, where ever I may be, and He has enjoined me to the prayer and zakaat as long as I live, (31) and to be good to my mother and He has not made me a wretched self-willed, (32) and the peace upon me, the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I am raised alive.(33)

That is Jesus son of Mary, a Word of the Real concerning whom they are in doubt. (34) It is not for God to take a son. Immaculate is He! When He decided on a matter, He just says to it ‘Be!’ then it will be. (35)

Notes:
-         It seems the birth of Jesus in a stable (in believe of Christians) is a Jewish interpretation of this very important event, which accepted by earlier Christians after Jesus.
-         It seems the palm was a short and young one, that she could shake it. (Related to verse no. 25)
-         The prayer is something private between human and God, but everybody must to pay zakaat for solidarity of the society, something like tax. (Related to the verse no. 31)
-         I’ve rewritten the text, from the translation of Quran by Ali Quli Qarai, but I’ve edited many of those verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment